My Photo
Name:
Location: Metro Philly, PA, United States

I'm a mom trying to work, complete my education, and provide everything my family needs to be somewhat comfortable in this world. In other words, I'm just like everyone else.

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Missing Crichton

On Tuesday, November 4th, we lost a great author: Michael Crichton.
I can remember reading The Andromeda Strain back in 1982. I was absolutely mesmerized. The writing style was like nothing I had encountered. I was so excited to find an author writing about Scientists. Even though I was 12, I knew I was going into some scientific field, and it was refreshing to find that we were worth writing about. I scoured my mother's bookshelves, reading every Crichton novel she had. Then I scoured the library. I was depressed at the small number of books by Crichton, but I found Science Fiction that year, and got busy relishing in my geekdom.
The good news is Crichton's writing remains, influencing future generations.
So everyone run to your bookstore and pick up a copy of one of Crichton's books and enjoy the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home