My Photo
Name:
Location: Metro Philly, PA, United States

I'm a mom trying to work, complete my education, and provide everything my family needs to be somewhat comfortable in this world. In other words, I'm just like everyone else.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sleeping Through the Night Already!

Well, my little baby girl has been consistently sleeping for over 8 hours for over a week now. It's nice to be able to get a solid 5-6 hours of sleep, but there's a part of me that's extremely sad. After all, sleeping through the night is a "milestone", and there's something truly wonderful about those 2am nursing sessions. Sure, you're exhausted, but your little newborn gazes into your eyes, and those eyelids begin to droop as she continues to nurse, until finally they're closed, and you realize she's stopped nursing and you're just enjoying your sleeping baby in your arms.
Of course, I still have these sessions, usually shortly after dinner, but there's something magical about those overnight sessions. There isn't the chaos in the periphery. There's no TV playing Curious George, no toddler trying to get you to play ball, no outside noise. Daddy isn't screaming "stop eating the cat!". Just you and your nursing baby in the starlight. And those nights are gone.
She also rolled over the other day, from her tummy to her back. I was all excited, and then terribly sad. Another milestone crossed, all too fast. They're so small and helpless for such a short time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home