My Photo
Name:
Location: Metro Philly, PA, United States

I'm a mom trying to work, complete my education, and provide everything my family needs to be somewhat comfortable in this world. In other words, I'm just like everyone else.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A productive day?

Some days are just odd. I hope this isn't a majority of mom days, but alas, they probably are.

So I'm in "the groove" today - working away for 20 minutes, playing with my son for 20 minutes, nursing my daughter, back to work. I got the front hedge trimmed and cleaned up, got my son to help me pick up the towned twigs in the front yard for a little bit, and even got it all out for today's trash. Then we played chase up and down the sidewalk, back inside for more work, lunch, naptime for the kids while I worked my arse off for my employer, then playing blocks, and we went out to Friendly's for dinner as a "spring is here and we've got a coupon!" treat.
Then it's bath, books, bed for the toddler son, and nurse until she finally falls asleep for the daughter. Then I'm back to work for the job while I watch Law and Order. Now it's the end of the day, and I feel like I've accomplished nothing. My to-do list is longer than ever, and I feel like I didn't spend enough time with my kids today, even though I was here all day. Being physically here and being completely here for my kids are two different things. It seems like everything I got crossed off the to-do list is so inconsequential. Great, the front rhododendron isn't overgrowing. Big fat hairy deal. Ugh. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel a little better about crossing off all the drivel on the to-do list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home